Saturday, July 3, 2010

Last Day in NYC

They say all good things must come to an end. I was sadder than I thought I would be when my last full day in New York came around. I didn’t have work but most of my friends did so I decided to take the day and say goodbye to all of my favorite places.

I started walking. Goodbye Brant Park, goodbye cute yellow gate, goodbye times square and the police station, goodbye TKTS stairs (our fail-proof meeting place), goodbye Magnolias Bakery, 750 7th avenue, Canal Street and China Town.




It was a great day, to say the least. I gave my first dollar away to a street performer and even saw the second most attractive guy the whole trip. And did I mention I just happened to stumble upon a random Katy Perry concert? Yeah, that happened too.




Chad and I got tickets that morning to see Jimmy Fallon. Of course, since it was a lucky day already, we got even luckier. We were pulled out of line and got to go dance up with the band that performed. Fortunately I talked a girl into switching spots with me so I wasn’t front and center.

After we had dinner at an Irish pub, said goodbye to Crumbs, another favorite bakery, and then met up with Jayson at Grand Central Station to say goodbye and get one last McFlurry with him.


Then back on the subway for our last trip on the 1 Train to Harlem and home to pack. It really was the perfect ending to my New York experience.

The next morning we all checked out of the "I-hotel" and then headed our separa
te directions. Sad!



I know it seems like I just played for two months but I promise, I worked too. I didn't talk much about my internship because I didn't have any exciting pictures to go with it but really, it was a wonderful experience. I got to work with some pretty amazing people at Goodman Media and I loved every minute of it. And our boss took such good care of all the interns! I loved all of the clients I worked with and experiencing what it is like to work at a major PR firm. I won't lie, I kind of loved it and the thought of going back after I graduate is so exciting. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. Em, good to see you had such a good time! I love seeing of the little things about NY that people who just visit never really notice. Next time I go, I will have to call you for suggestions :) I'm sorry your dream is coming to an end, but I am curious to hear what you have in store next. Hope all is well. Love you and your adorable blog!

    ReplyDelete