Thursday, July 1, 2010

Broadway, Brooklyn and The Bronx

BROADWAY:

I didn't see a ton of shows in NY but the shows I did see were amazing!


Lauren and I went and saw Mary Poppins with my mom and aunts when they came to visit and I loved every minute of it! The only thing that could have made it better would be if they sang "I love to laugh"..it's my favorite!

Then a few of us girls decided to see Phantom. I saw it once before in LA but it was just as good the second time--even being in the VERY last row! We were all exhausted afterward because it was so intense.

And then there was Promises Promises. It was one we all wanted to see from day one because Kristin Chenoweth and Sean Hayes were in it but we kept going back and forth after hearing mixed reviews. But Chad and I went on a whim one night to celebrate our last weekend in New York and we were so glad we did! Sean Hayes was hilarious and made the show!

And look who we ran into after...


BROOKLYN:

Walking the Brooklyn Bridge was probably one of my favorite things we did the entire time we were in New York. We went to Brooklyn one night after work and had pizza at a cute little place and then walked over to the bridge after. By then it was dark and you could see the lights throughout the entire city and reflecting off of the water. Despite the fact that we were dangerously close to being run over by bicycles more than once, it was a perfect night!



THE BRONX:

I got a call from the Connecticut Lythgoes one Saturday morning saying that they were on their way to the Bronx Zoo. So, Lauren and I decided to go meet them. We didn't realize what an adventure we were in for! Our journey involved subway changes and being the only white people on an out of control shuttle bus that drove us through The Bronx. I think people thought we were lost. We would have preferred traveling underground so we didn't have to actually see the city but, oh well.
It was worth it and so great to see the Lythgoes! I hadn't seen Posie and Ian for years!


Oh yeah...and I RODE A CAMEL...in a dress....in The Bronx. Who would've thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment