Wednesday, June 2, 2010

MEMORIAL DAY!!!



In honor of Memorial Day we decided to do something patriotic. What could possibly be more patriotic than participating in fleet week? I know, mom, I promised I would stay away but we just couldn't resist! Can you really blame us?



My favorite part is that when I think about taking this picture all I can think of is Chad, the only boy in our group, saying in disgust, "These are public servants! Not sex symbols." At least he was a good sport and willing to be our photographer for the day. Because let's be honest, there are many more where this came from!

...like this one, for example




We waited an hour and a half in the hot hot sun waiting to get on this huge ship. We almost didn't make it but I'm glad we stuck it out because it was so cool to see! It is amazing that it is huge enough to have all of these massive tanks and helicopters and other massive equipment [not to mention hundreds of people] and still look spacious.




{We may or may not have kicked small children off of these so we could have a photo shoot.}

1 comment:

  1. many more... well are you going to share them? jealous to the max

    ReplyDelete