Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Guess who came to visit??


This girl!

{No, she did not arrive by giant shoe, this is the only picture I have at the moment. Don't kill me Adi}


She trekked all the way from DC to come visit for a day. And by trek, I mean bus ride. Anyone who knows both of us will all know that together, we are pro at one thing. And that is doing absolutely nothing. It was nice to have a regular, real-life day in the city.

Here is a small sample of the trip's highlights:

- Adi having to walk down the streets of Harlem at 2am to get to the I-house.


- Squishing into my shoe box of a room on quite possibly the two warmest nights we have had since I have been here. Without air conditioning, of course. Thank you, I-house.


- Getting in trouble in borders for sitting on the floor and reading books in the children's section

- Awkwardly sitting in between two couples at dinner who [i kid you not] did not speak one word to each other during their entire meal. Not one.

- Seeing Killers. Just to clarify, it was the movie, not THE Killers, the band. Yeah, I was confused too.

-
Adi deciding "out of nowhere" it would be a good idea to play the game "pick one person on the subway you would date' when conveniently the most attractive man I saw the whole time in NY happened to be sitting right in front of us. Hmmm I wonder how she thought up that idea...

- And of course, Bryant Park at night. It is the best! I kid you not, we tried for a good 10 minutes to get a semi-decent picture of the both of us with no success. I would show you one of our attempts but I promise, you don't want to see. So instead, I leave you with this picture of the park, sans Emily and Adriel.




3 comments: