Sunday, April 4, 2010

Conference Weekend

I know, it's been a while. But don't worry...you haven't missed much! There's less than a month left of school which means I have been busy. The plus side of my major is that I don't usually have final exams, which I hate! The down side? I have a huge project in every class instead. I don't mind actually, it's just very time consuming. But the good news is that I took a little break this weekend so I actually have something to write about!

My friend, Tyler's parents were in town for conference this weekend and they took us to one of my favorite places ever! It's a restaurant up at Sundance called Foundry Grill. I don't know why but ever since I first moved to Provo I have always loved going there--especially in the winter because one wall is all windows and the snow outside is just so beautiful!

I also got to see my friend, Amber who lives in Salt Lake. She lives in the CUTEST little apartment with the most amazing view of the Salt Lake temple from her balcony. I feel like I'm on a mini vacation every time I go there...it's the best!

And then of course there was conference. Amber and I got tickets to the Saturday morning session and then walked back and watched the afternoon session at her house. I love conference! I don't think I really learned to appreciate it until I came to school and actually made the choice on my own to sit down and watch it, instead of it being something I had to do because mom said so. Man, was I missing out! And conference on Easter? So good!

I am proud to announce that this conference is the very first time that I watched all four sessions without even nodding off once! That is quite an accomplishment, in case you were wondering.



Oh yeah, and just one other tiny little detail......


I ran into Hermana Taylor!! Isn't she cute! It was the greatest thing ever! I was so excited and happy to see her that I could barely stand it! Her espanol is out of control and she is so happy..it was great to see! Amber and I got to spend some time with her and her companion. They left their tickets to the afternoon session at home so we took them to get them. I miss her so much but she's so happy and excited about what she's doing that it's hard to be too sad.

Ok, the first picture is her and her current companion and the second is her with the hermana that will be her new companion starting this Wednesday or Thursday. And there's just one with a few of the hermanas. They were all so cute! They hugged me when they met me and when they left.

And maybe I saw her again after the second session.
[note to people who think I'm bad for doing that: her mission president gave all of the elders and sisters permission to see their friends and family who were at conference. There was no rule-breaking going on, just so we're clear]

No comments:

Post a Comment