Monday, March 28, 2011

Gaga, Ooh La La


[putting our paws up]

Last week Chad and I saw Lady Gaga and it was kind of a big deal.
First of all, we heard about it in August and wanted to buy tickets right away but we thought we should wait it out.
"Waiting it out" for us meant we waited until October...for a concert in March.

Needless to say we were a little anxious for this day to come.
And we were really afraid that we wouldn't be friends by the time the show came around.
So the night was a celebration of waiting patiently for 7 months
and toughing it out and remaining friends for the 5 months we had tickets.
We made it!



[Gaga performing, me & the stage, my toes in a puddle of beer]


Due to the facts that we had never seen Gaga perform before and we weren't sure we'd even be going to the show so far in the future,
we bought the cheapest tickets we could.

We were up high but you could see everything perfectly and even backstage.
It was pretty amazing.
Except for that one part where someone above us threw a beer and it hit me
And that other part when the woman right above me kicked her brand new beer and it landed right on me.
The whole thing.

She did bring me a napkin though, which was nice but didn't help with the smell.
Or the wetness.


[I spent a long time convincing chad the lightning bolt wasn't embarrassing & even though I don't think he believed me he still did it. the glasses, however, took no convincing.]

We had some time on our hands between the opening act and when Mother Monster arrived to take us to the Monster Ball.
Clearly that lead to a little monster photo shoot to show off our lightning bolts and glasses.

For those of you non-gaga fans out there, here is some vocab for you:
Mother Monster: Lady Gaga
Monster Ball: Her concert
Little Monsters: Us/her fans
No, I did not make that up.


[the actual monster, mother monster, and a little monster trying on our glasses before the show]

It definitely was not a show for everyone
[the mom next to us sat with her hands clasped and mouth straight the whole two hours]
but we loved it so much!
And she ended with "Bad Romance"
my all time favorite
It was perfect.


1 comment:

  1. Another time I shall write, BEYOND JEALOUS.
    Can envy ever be a righteous attribute?
    *muah*

    ReplyDelete