Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Updates from the PR Girl


While I've been home for the last week, I cannot tell you how many times I have gotten, "So what is it you're studying again?" or "So what have you been up to at the 'Y'?" It's given me many opportunities to tell everyone all about public relations and how much I love it and all of the exciting things that have been going on.

Here are a few exciting public relations things that have been going on in my life lately:

First of all, I just finished up my capstone class in December. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is like "the grand finale" of the major. Our class was given a client and then split into four competing groups to create a strategic campaign for the client.


(My awesome group)
Our client this semester was Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) and the purpose of our project was to create a campaign to help eliminate distracted driving in the state of Utah. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work, and our group was very happy with how it turned out in the end! Our campaign slogan was "No Distraction, Better Reaction" (thanks to Adi, who came up with it during class) and here were a few of our tactics (or products) we created to hand out at our presentation:
Another exciting thing is that BYU's PR program was nominated (once again) as a top five finalist for the PR Week PR Education Program of the Year. Our program really is awesome and has the greatest faculty and opportunities for its students. I am so lucky! We won't know who actually wins the award until March but we had to take a picture to send to PR Week.


I was also an account executive this last semester at the Bradley Agency, which is BYU's student-run PR firm and provides PR students with amazing first hand experience with real clients. We recently found out that we (the Bradley Agency) were awarded a grant which will allow some of us to head to Dallas in February to do some pre-Super Bowl PR work for the Super Bowl XLV “Heroes for Health HOPE Program." We will also be making a documentary while we are there. I am so excited about this project and to work with Project Hope!

3 comments:

  1. YAY BYU PR!

    And did you legs turn yellow or are those tights really yellow? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BYU P.R. rules and Advertising drools. Project Hope could not get any luckier!! Great job Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em, this (all of it) is so cool! You are so amazing! The Super Bowl and Project Hope?! What a dream! Congrats -- I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete