Friday, March 9, 2012

30 day blog challenge: day 8


most embarrassing moment

when i was in fourth grade, my mom made me this amazing new dress. denim shirt on top, floral print on the bottom…i was so cool! i paired it with a cute pair of matching tights and walked proudly to school one day. you see though, the problem was that maybe i walked a little too proudly and confidently to school because apparently with each step i took, my backpack did a little bounce, grabbing just a tiny bit of my dress each time. and those darn tights kept my dress from falling back down where it belonged.

so i get to school and notice people are staring. my dress must have been better than i thought! and then i looked to my right and saw my crush walking towards me. i was so excited it seemed to happen in slow motion! he got closer and closer and i got nervous…and then it happened. he leans over and he tells me that my fabulous dress is bunched up around my waist, making my stocking-covered bum visible to everyone on the playground! oh, it was tragic. pretty much the end of the world to fourth-grade me.

let me just add the fact that a lot of you probably know exactly who this crush is that managed to save my life and humiliate me all at the same time. if you don’t know him from byu football, you may have seen him recently sporting a baltimore raven’s jersey. fortunately for me i am pretty sure he doesn’t remember this tragic event, or at least that’s what i keep telling myself.

i don't get embarrassed easily, but to this day i still get embarrassed thinking about this. 

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! toooooo cute! and yes, i know exactly who you're talking about :) didn't we all have a crush on him at some point?? me? i might still have a crush on him ;)

    ReplyDelete