Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sundance Film Festival 2011

The Sunday before I went to Dallas, I came back to Provo for a day, after spending 10 days in Park City working at the Sundance Film Festival. It was such a great experience! I met tons of great people, saw some amazing movies (clearly, if you saw the long post before this one) and had a lot of fun. Chad and I worked at the Yarrow Theater and our friend Linze worked right next to us, but had an opposite schedule, which was kind of sad because we didn’t get to see her much.


[Proof we actually got to see Linze a few times!]


I love the little community or family that the festival creates! It was a lot of fun to get to be a part of it this year. One of my favorite parts was being able to actually meet and talk to the directors and writers and actors of these films and then to see them have people go up to them and congratulate them or to see them win awards. As cheesy as it sounds, it was pretty cool to see peoples’ careers take off or dreams come true right before my eyes.



[Our awesome group. Please notice the Shasta drinks Chad and I have in both pictures. Everyone fought over our free beer tickets.]


We worked A LOT (and early mornings) but played a lot too and met tons of great people. Our team was wonderful and our number one rule was to always smile and have fun. And we did. A lot of our team was made up of older women who come to the festival every year to work and catch up with one another. It has been a joke between Chad and I for a while that old people are “our people”, so we fit right in. One day we were all driving together in a van to the awards ceremony and we both just lost it and could not get our laughter under control. There were even tears. We realized that for the last 15 minutes we had been listening to a group of old ladies discuss different ways and recipes to make meatloaf. And what was so hilarious about the situation was that we didn’t even mind; we actually fit in perfectly. Actually, they all partied harder than we did at the awards party. It was pretty funny.


The woman with her arm around me in the picture below is Shannon and she was the best! She quickly became one of our favorites and for her birthday, Chad and I waited in line to get her tickets to see the premier of Kevin Spacey's movie. He was going to be there and she was dying to see him. It was totally worth it because she was SO excited! I think we each got like 10 hugs at work the next day.


[Like I said, "our people".]


I was getting a little nervous about working the festival as the date got closer and closer but I am so glad we did!

I loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment