Sunday, January 24, 2010

New York, here I come!



For some reason, I have always loved New York City. I loved it before I had even been there. I remember I used to tell my mom that it was a dream of mine to go to New York at Christmas time, sit on a bench, and drink hot cocoa as I watched people walk by with all of their shopping bags. In 2004, that dream came true when My mom, dad, Hannah and I went there for a quick trip before Christmas. And guess what?? I didn't love it like I thought I would...I loved it even more! I don't know why but I just do. I have been back since and it is just as magical to me as it was the first time. So, the time came last semester when people in the Communications Department at BYU started talking about the NY Internship Program. I have been waiting YEARS to be able to apply and had big plans about creating the perfect portfolio. Of course, I procrastinated but with the help of my mom and dad and their creative eyes, I finished it just in time (literally, within like a minute of the due date). I did not like the two months I had to wait to find out about it, but all that waiting finally paid off because I just found out about two weeks ago that I was.....
accepted!


I don't know all of the details about where I'll be working yet but I do know that I will be living here. (Isn't it beautiful)


And for some related music....this song gets me excited for NY every time I hear it (Don't make fun of me-you know who you are!).

4 comments:

  1. I would like to know who "you know who you are" is? Just curious! The best part, only 4 hours away! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey em this is sam i am so happy that you are going to NY i cant wait to come visit you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH!! I am so excited! Not only reconnecting with an old friend, but NY is not far away at all!

    How have you been and when will you join us in the East Coast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marissa, I know! I am so excited about being so close to DC...I've never been there before! I head out there sometime toward the end of April (I have to be there the 26th)I would love to see you and catch up sometime!

    ReplyDelete